This program is for people who already have skilled work experience in Canada and want to immigrate permanently.

Skilled workers who have experience working in Canada, working with the proper authorization can qualify for Express Entry through the CEC Program. The work experience as a full-time student or a self-employed individual does not count under this program.

For you to qualify, you need to have:

  • A minimum of 12 months of skilled experience in Canada, within the last three years
  • The required language proficiency levels, in English or French, for your job

One does not have to meet Education Requirements under this category, but you will earn additional points if you have a recognized Canadian Certificate, Diploma or Degree, or if your Educational Assessment Report shows that your foreign education is equivalent to the same.

Depending on your NOC skill type, you will need to meet the minimum level under the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). That is, have a CLB score of at least 7 for NOC type O or A, and 5 for type B.

The program is open only to those who don’t intend to reside in Quebec. The province of Quebec has its program for skilled workers, i.e., the Quebec Skilled Workers Program.

Married or Common law partners who would like to immigrate to Canada as skilled laborer can both apply or have one with the likelihood to get highest scores, to apply.

Fill out our Free Assessment Application Form to determine your eligibility to the program.