Life in Canada
It is the number one rule that if you are going to a foreign country even just for a short while, you should at least have an idea of what to expect. If you go blindly, then, you may be in for a rude shock.
Living in Canada for a Foreign National can be pretty exciting once you try to learn and understand the Canadian way of life. Otherwise, it could be daunting. It could be that you are moving into Canada for Work, Study, Business, or even on Sponsorship.
Before getting on that plane, you have to understand the weather that you will experience in Canada. Learn the laws that apply to Citizens and Foreign Nationals. If you are planning to drive around from city to city exploring what Canada has to offer, then you may need to get a driver’s license.
Ensure that you have sufficient funds to cater for your needs during your stay. Maybe you are planning to find work to help you meet your needs. Find out about the rules that apply to getting a Work Permit. You need to have a Work Permit for you to work in Canada.
Canada is home to a diverse network of international people. You can find a local community near you for people from your own country to connect with and reach out to, in times of need.
If you come from a country that doesn’t converse in English and French, then, you will need to polish up on your proficiency in either and preferably both languages.
There are many options available for you if you are planning to immigrate to Canada, fill in our Free Assessment Application Form to know the options that best applies to you.
( Applying for Citizenship)
Canada is home to three of the top ten Most Livable Cities in the World, according to a report by the Economist in 2016. The cities include Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary. The criteria used to rank the 140 cities in the research was rich culture, stellar education and low levels of crime.
If you want to be a Canadian Citizen, click on the link below to apply for citizenship and perhaps call one of those cities, home.
In June 2014, a change was made on the criteria of the description of a dependent child. He or she should be:
- Below 19 years of age
- Dependent on their parents financially, despite the age, due to physical or mental condition
- Those children that fall into the Dependent Children category, at the initial stage of a multi-step permanent resident immigration program, will be locked in throughout the possibly multi-year process.
The Federal and Provincial governments in Canada, allow for investors to immigrate into the country through the Business Class Visa. A foreign national planning to immigrate to Canada can fall into the Self-employed category if:
- They have two years of relevant experience within five years which include the day of application and ends on the day you receive a decision on your application.
- They can contribute to the Canadian economy in a required area
- Are planning and can continue in their self-employment in Canada
Relevant experience covers cultural activities, athletics and farm management. Applicants are graded based on a five selection criteria, i.e., experience, language proficiency in English or French, age, education, and adaptability.
Feel free to fill in our Free Assessment Application Form to determine your eligibility.
The eligibility criterion used to obtain a PR Card (Permanent Resident Card) include:
- One who lives in Canada
- One who is not a Canadian Citizen. A Canadian citizen does not need to have a PR Card.
- If you have the status of a permanent resident
- If the government of Canada has not asked you to leave the country
Most international students need a Study Permit to enjoy the diverse and vibrant education offered in Canadian Institutions of Learning. Each permit has an expiration date depending on your conditions for studies and tenure of the program as you Study in Canada.
You should apply for an extension of your Study Permit, at least 30 days before its expiration if:
- You complete your education program earlier than expected and want to continue with your studies. All study permits have an additional 90 days validity after completion of studies. The days start when you receive notification of the finalization of learning from the respective institution or upon receipt of your diploma, certificate or degree.
- The program takes longer to complete than the days covered by your Study Permit
Once the permit expires, you lose your status, if you stay in Canada. However, you can restore your status by applying within 90 days of the expiry date.
If you aren’t sure if you are eligible to apply, you can fill out our Free Assessment Application Form, to find out.
An Open Work Permit doesn’t restrict the holder to providing their services to a particular employer. To be eligible for this permit, you could be:
- Spouse or common-law partner of an international student or worker in Canada
- Permanent Resident applicant who has also applied for work in an office in Canada
- Refugee, protected persons, refugee claimants and their family members.
Dependent family members of a permanent resident applicant, holders of a temporary resident permit, and young workers who are working in a unique program can also apply.
Our Clients Said
The Royal Canadian Immigration Consultancy is a trusted and professional immigration and settlement firm. We have over 15 years of working together with foreign nationals to help them build a better life in Canada through obtaining Canadian Visa. Our director is a member of the government designated body that regulates immigration, citizenship and advising services for international students, the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council)…