Skilled Workers who would like to live in Canada will fall in the Express Entry Pool. Eligible candidates are selected based on their adaptability and ability to be part of the Canadian economy. You will be placed in a pool with others who share the same interest and ranked according to the points you score.
It depends on the skills and educational background that you have. To qualify for the Express Entry System, you have to fall in one of these categories:
- Canadian Experience Class(CEC) : to immigrate permanently to Canada under this category, you should start by completing your Express Entry Profile.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: the program targets those with the intention of residing in any territory or province other than Quebec, and with particular work experience.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: this is a program for those who qualify in a skilled trade and would like to immigrate to Canada.
- Quebec Skilled Worker: it is for skilled workers who would like to reside in Quebec.
- Provincial Nominee Program(PNP): one can immigrate to Canada as a nominee of a province or territory under PNP.
Provinces and territories can nominate candidates from the Express Entry pool, where applicable, and if they meet their minimum requirements. To immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, you will have to fill an online Express Entry Profile with details on your education, work experience, language test scores, etc.
Changes have been made to the number of points that one earns. You get additional points if you siblings in Canada, who is/ are Permanent Residents or Citizens. Also, having strong language skills in French, or having studied in Canada will earn you more points.
The high scorers from the pool receive an invitation to apply to a particular program, and one can also apply for Permanent Residency. You also need to have a minimum of 12 months of full-time work experience to be able to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker.
You can contact us to learn more or fill out our Free Assessment Application Form.